Online Watercolor Landscapes
Date: 10 Tuesdays, September 28 - November 30, 2021
Time: 7 PM - 8:30 PM
Instructor: Mo Myra
Tuition: $180 Non-Members / $162 Members
A Watercolor Landscape class with a focus on painting outdoors, a great introduction for anyone who's interested in Plein-air painting. This session is packed full of information on color mixing, observing, drawing for watercolor, and creating value studies. Students will create their own landscapes and learn about proper equipment, techniques, and different struggles associated with painting outdoors- plus the tips for how to deal with those issues. The class will be taught online in the comfort of your own home.
Download materials list here
• Watercolor paint, Windsor and Newton 95437 Cotman watercolor field plus set. This set contains: Lemon yellow hue, Cadmium yellow hue, Alizarin crimson hue, Ultramarine, Phtalo blue, Viridian hue, Sap green, Yellow ochre, Burnt umber, Chinese white. Option to buy only these pigments separate from the whole set, if you do this, you must also have a palette.
• Paint Brushes, if you like synthetic look for Cotman watercolor brushes in a variety of sizes. For large washes a squirrel hair mop brush (medium-sized)
• Any type of watercolor brushes ranging in numbers, I usually prefer #1 #4 #6 (I prefer Windsor and Newton watercolor brushes for this class)
• Rags or a roll of paper towels, and one kitchen sponge with no chemicals.
• Watercolor paper, Arches watercolor block 7x10 inches cold pressed 140LB- you can also purchase a single sheet of cold press and cut the paper to use for class.
• Small cup to hold water
• Mechanical Pencil and kneaded eraser
About the Instructor
Mo Myra's artwork is inspired by landscapes and the figure, her illustrations have been displayed nationally, and in many different group exhibitions. Her paintings can be found in numerous private collections as well as available to the public through public art commissions. Currently, she works full-time as an Illustrator in addition to teaching watercolor classes. Mo graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Illustration program at the Hartford Art School. She is passionate about bringing art to the community, she is an active board member at the Art League of New Britain and the Chair Person for their new Gallery Committee. Visit Mo Myra's website.