Year End Appeal 2022
There’s a sort of magic, a special sparkle, that happens at the Farmington Valley Arts Center.
Mike from Hartford recently attended our Fall Arts Market. “This place is so unique with the artist studios, classes, and galleries all in one place! I’ve never been here before, but I’ll definitely be back!”
Kim, the mom of a longtime student, writes, “There are not enough words to express my gratitude that you provided a safe, caring, creative space for our daughter. It was a daily vacation for her!”
Steve was stuck, trying to figure out what to give his wife for her birthday. “It’s great to have a place to purchase hand-made art and support Connecticut artists, knowing that I’m also helping out a local arts organization.”
The magic is what people FEEL when experiencing what we offer. And despite the challenges of the last few years, the sparkle is only getting brighter.
And what gives FVAC that special sizzle? Our 21 studio artists work in a range of visual arts media! They are at the heart of our community’s creative fabric and offer visitors from near and far the unique opportunity to see professional artists at work.
So far this year, 550 youth and 750 adults have taken advantage of over 50 classes each quarter taught by some of the area’s top professional artists. Monthly open studios, the new Friday Night Art Workshops, and special events have welcomed hundreds of familiar and new faces. Exhibits featured more than 500 Connecticut artists, and Fisher Gift Gallery, representing over 80 artists, remains one of the region’s outstanding destinations for locally-made fine art and crafts.
Let's talk money.
As a non-profit organization, we’re especially proud that earned revenue (such as sales in the galleries and class registrations) accounts for nearly 80% of our overall revenue – but that leaves a 20% gap that still needs to be filled!
Like any great piece of artwork … buried under layers of paint strokes and shimmering glaze ... we are not without our struggles. Class fees barely cover the cost of materials and hiring high-caliber instructors. Our scholarships and community outreach programs require ongoing, much-needed funding. Energy costs have increased dramatically, and our charmingly rustic 170-year-old buildings require constant maintenance and upgrades.
This is where YOU come in.
During this giving season we know that there are many worthy organizations to support with your charitable donations, and we hope you will consider supporting our community. No gift is too small (or too big)! $50 funds art supplies for our youth programs. $100 funds paint for updated structural improvements. $250 funds brochures, flyers, and signs for free community events. And $500 funds new LED lighting for Fisher Gallery. Donations can also be mailed to:
Together, we will continue to build a vibrant arts community where we not only create and experience art but foster the community and connection you’ve come to expect for nearly fifty years from the Farmington Valley Arts Center.
In creativity ❤️,
Carol Kaplan, Executive Director
Helen Thomas, Board President
PS: Be sure to shop Fisher Gift Gallery for your holiday gift-giving! Open Monday – Friday (10-4 pm), Saturday (12-4 pm), and beginning November 27th, we are open on Sundays (12-4).
Farmington Valley Arts Center, 25 Arts Center Lane, Avon CT 06001
Donations can also be mailed to:
The Farmington Valley Arts Center, a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization since 1974, inspires creativity and builds community through instruction in, exposure to, and engagement with the visual arts. We welcome and support participants of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds on their personal artistic journey.